Even though everybody knows that wrinkles are a normal sign of aging, we’d still prefer if they didn’t exist.
But how do you get rid of wrinkles in the easiest and most effective way possible?
This guide provides the answers…
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Your Face Fast
Use anti-wrinkle creams! Yes, science says that anti-wrinkle topical treatments are your best bet at removing facial wrinkles in a quick manner. Data shows that OTC (over the counter) topical creams can reduce coarse wrinkles around the eyes by 50% and fine wrinkles around the mouth by more than 50%, in just a matter of minutes!
The same research points out that the anti-wrinkle effects of topical creams become even more pronounced as time passes by. Improvements at the three-month mark were as follows:
- 50% reduction in coarse wrinkles around the eyes (as opposed to ~30% for initial application).
- Almost 40% reduction in fine wrinkles in the skin surrounding the eyes (20% for initial application).
- Over 30% less coarse wrinkles around the mouth (against less than 20% for minutes after the first application).
- Close to 55% decrease in fine wrinkles close to the mouth (versus slightly more than 20% for initial use).
And when it comes to anti-wrinkle creams, it should be noted that they are not classified as drugs, hence their OTC status – they can be acquired without a prescription. Most of them consist of epidermal growth factors (proteins that increase cellular growth and regeneration), and antioxidants peptides (amino acid compounds) that boost collagen production.
What Anti-Wrinkle Ingredients Work Best?
Some of the most popular and effective ingredients that you can find in anti-wrinkle topical creams are:
- Retinol (or Vitamin A1) – This powerful antioxidant is the base of many topical creams. Retinol has been proven to improve appearance by decreasing the visible fine wrinkles that appear with age and apparently it can also help with ulcers.
- Coenzyme Q10 – This is a coenzyme that’s naturally synthesized in our bodies. It provides incredible oxidative protection that’s been shown to impact both aging and photoaging (chronic sun exposure). Its antioxidant properties also mean that it can prevent oxidative damage to your DNA.
- Peptides – These are molecules made of amino acids. Studies suggest that applying Collagen-like peptides on the skin can greatly decrease the overall surface of the wrinkles.
- Vitamin C – A water-soluble vitamin known for its antioxidant capabilities, Vitamin C can also effectively stimulate collagen synthesis. Scientific evidence shows that topical use of Vit. C could be used as a potent skin rejuvenation therapy that battles the signs of aging.
How to get rid of wrinkles faster than topical methods? There’s an innovative wrinkle reduction system called Pelleve that offers unparalleled results and the great thing about it is that it can be combined with any of the popular anti-wrinkle procedures mentioned above to boost results!
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Around Your Mouth
Wrinkles close to the mouth are known as smokers’ lines (a.k.a. lipstick lines), and they can form naturally over time as the skin starts losing its elasticity due to a decline in collagen production. The reason for that decline could range from normal aging processes to excessive UV exposure.
Here’s how to deal with them.
- Aloe Vera Gel – This plant is jam-packed with Vitamin E (potent antioxidant) and it’s also a great moisturizer. How to use it:
- Apply some Aloe Vera gel directly to the wrinkles
- Let it absorb for 30 minutes
- Rinse with water
- Pineapple Juice – Thanks to its bromelain (a protein-digesting enzyme complex) content, pineapples help to reduce wrinkles around the mouth. Here’s how to use it:
- Apply some pineapple juice to the wrinkled area
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
- Coconut Oil – This oil penetrates the skin deeply and it acts as a highly effective moisturizer. How to apply it:
- Gently rub the oil around your mouth
- Let it absorb for around 20 minutes
- Wash off with water
- Vitamin E Oil – Vitamin E is a very potent antioxidant that can be used to fight wrinkles around the mouth. Here’s how to use it:
- Apply one teaspoon (or extract 2 or 3 capsules of Vit. E) to the skin
- Massage for several seconds
- Let it stay for approximately 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
- Fillers – Dermal fillers are injected directly into the skin, reducing wrinkles and giving a smoother look. Some of the most popular fillers are Restylane, Juvederm, HylaForm and Pevelle. Most of them can be used for wrinkles around the mouth, but it’s better to consult a board-certified surgeon if you’re interested in dermal fillers.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing – This is a laser treatment that deals with wrinkles and skin irregularities. Laser skin resurfacing can be used to great effect for getting rid of deep wrinkles around the mouth, but it’s advised to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon first.
- Retinoid treatments – Retinoids are vitamers of Vitamin A skin creams. These chemical compounds have found their way into many topical creams. Retinoids have been proven to reduce wrinkles, improve skin texture and help with hyperpigmentation. It should be noted that Retinoid products require a prescription.
- Retinol-based products – Retinol (or simply Vitamin A) is very effective at dealing with fine wrinkles, while also providing adequate protection against the formation of ulcers. Note that Retinol products are OTC (over the counter) and you don’t need a prescription for them.
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Under Eyes
Wrinkles close to your eyes can form as part of the normal aging process (although sun exposure accelerates that) and because the skin in that area is particularly thin, wrinkles may appear even sooner.
How do you get rid of wrinkles, fine lines, and crows feet?
- Cucumber Puree – Putting cucumber puree on the skin around your eyes can deal with existing wrinkles and fending off the formation of new ones. Here’s how it works:
- Take one-fourth of a cucumber and blend it
- Apply the blended cucumber to the skin beneath your eyes
- Leave it for around 15 mins.
- Rinse with water
- Egg White Mask – Eggs are loaded with valuable proteins and collagen, which can improve your skin’s elasticity, while also tightening it and reducing visible wrinkles. How to apply the mask:
- Take two egg whites
- Whisk them together for 15-20 seconds
- Rub the egg whites on the skin under your eyes
- Let it absorb for 15 mins.
- Rinse with warm water
- Pat with a towel
- Avocados – They are full of two great antioxidants – Vit. C and Vit. E and on top of that, avocados have monounsaturated fatty acids that can help by moisturizing and hydrating the skin. Here’s what to do:
- Cut 2 small pieces of avocado
- Press into the skin under your eyes and hold for 15 mins.
- Remove the slices and rinse with water
- Fillers – Restylane and Belotero (injectable dermal fillers) are generally used for smoothing the area under the eyes. Both are based on hyaluronic acid and both of them require a prescription.
- Laser Treatment – Laser treatments can help by eliminating fine lines and wrinkles. Fraxel and CO2 are two lasers that specifically target the area under the eyes.
- Retinol Creams – Retinol (Vitamin A) can be found in many topical creams and it can be used to decrease the puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On The Forehead
Forehead wrinkles or frown lines can be caused by UV exposure and of course – aging. How do you get rid of wrinkles like these?
- Almond Oil – Naturally loaded with Vitamin A (a potent antioxidant), Almond oil can help to rejuvenate your skin by moisturizing and hydrating it. How to apply it:
- Use a few drops of this oil on the forehead skin
- Gently massage the skin for several minutes
- Let it absorb into the skin (no need to wash it)
- Jojoba Oil – It has plenty of Vitamin E and B vitamins, Jojoba oil can adequately moisturize the skin, therefore helping with wrinkles. Here’s how to use it:
- Apply several drops of Jojoba oil to the forehead skin
- Massage for around 1-2 mins.
- Let it absorb for ~20 mins.
- Wash off with water
- Castor Oil – This oil is extracted from the exotic Castor beans (native to Africa and India) and apart from its vitamin and mineral content (including Vit. E and Omega 6 fatty acids), castor oil is a humectant: a substance that retains water – a moisturizer. How to apply it:
- Before bed, apply 1 or 2 drops of the oil on the forehead area
- Use a tapping motion to help it absorb into the skin
- Don’t rinse it, just leave it on during the night
- Fillers – Dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane are adequate choices when it comes to getting rid of forehead wrinkles. These dermal fillers are made of Hyaluronic acid – a potent skin hydrant.
- Laser treatments – Fractional laser treatments can be used for eliminating wrinkles on the forehead and CO2 is a viable option, although you should consult a certified plastic surgeon first.
- Retinol – Retinol-based products might help to minimize fine lines on the forehead.
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Hands
Our hands are constantly exposed to various external conditions (such as sun exposure) that can have a negative impact on the condition of the skin. Aging only makes it worse and logically wrinkles start to appear on your hands, so how do you get rid of wrinkles in such a well-used area?
- Lemon With Milk – Lemons contain a plethora of vitamins including Vit. C, E, A and B6. Milk, on the other hand, helps to maintain liquid in the skin as it’s a decent moisturizer. Here’s how it works:
- Take half a lemon and mix it with two teaspoons of milk
- Apply the mixture to your hands
- Let it stay for around 15 mins.
- Rinse with warm water
- Soaking Hands In Tomatoes – They are packed with lycopene (a red carotenoid pigment) that can protect your skin from the sun, while also having antioxidant properties that can deal with wrinkles. How to do it:
- Get a tomato juice and pour it into a bowl
- Soak your hands in the juice for 15-20 mins.
- Wash off
- Bananas – Every banana contains lots of valuable vitamins and minerals (like Zinc and Magnesium), including potent antioxidants such as Vit. E and Vit. A. How do you get rid of wrinkles using bananas?
- Get half a banana
- Mash it to paste
- Apply the banana pulp to your hands and massage them for several mins.
- Wait for it to dry completely
- Wash off with water
- Fillers – Volumizing fillers such as Radiesse can be used to great effect when it comes to eliminating the wrinkles and fine lines on hands, especially if the skin is very thin.
- Fat Transfer – Also known as fat grafting or fat injection, this method means that unwanted fat (such as belly fat) is taken from your body and transferred to another area (your hands) that needs to be smoother and with more volume.
- Topical Creams – Creams that contain chemical compounds such as retinoids, hydroquinones and glycolic acids can help with hyperpigmentation, melasma and freckles, and they can be applied to the skin on your hands.
- Intense Pulsed Light – IPL or photofacial treatments are a viable option if you’re looking to remove any age spots on your hands. This method utilizes a high-intensity light that targets dark spots.
- Chemical Peel – This technique uses an acid solution that gets rid of the damaged outer layers of your skin. Some of the tiny wrinkles and even hyperpigmentation will be eliminated with the skin that gets peeled off.
But How Do You Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Your Face, All At Once?
That’s what a full facelift is for!
A facelift can add volume and firmness, while also getting rid of wrinkles, creases and folds.
We take pride in offering the latest and most cutting-edge methods (both surgical and non-surgical) for eliminating wrinkles, so that you can enjoy a more youthful appearance. The question of how do you get rid of wrinkles will be a thing of the past.
If you’d like to know more, simply call us at 888-744-1828 and our friendly team of professionals will help you to get the results that you’re looking for.